kcmshell4 kthememanager baddies

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Wed Nov 28 02:23:58 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I think you will remember the problem we had on systemsettings when going to
the "Appearance" module, in which when loaded it showed in an eye-blinking 3
progress dialogs.

I tracked down the problem, and it was in kcm module kthememanager. Yeah, you
can see the progress widgets appearing when running "kcmshell4
kthememanager".

So, now... there are _good_ and _bad_ news.

Good news: only with changes on kdebase/workspace we can get rid out of 2
progress dialogs.

Bad news: netaccess on ::del() method creates a KIO::Job with default flags,
and that implies that the progress widget is shown. I also attach a patch to
kdelibs to fix this.

More bad news: I also think we should think about which more methods on
netaccess should be added the jobflags parameter.

With both patches applied _no_ progress dialogs are shown when loading this
module.

I consider this a bugfix.

Can this be committed ?

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070