Showstoppers, was: Re: Fwd: Re: Release Mode

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Tue Nov 27 12:53:50 GMT 2007

On Tuesday, 27. November 2007, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Friday 23 November 2007 02:51:08 Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Oxygen/namingSpec/apps#To_do_for_Oxygen
> >
> > @artists list:
> > As those are considered showstoppers, I would ask you to put those
> > preferences icons at the top of the icon priority list. Thanks!
>
> From the list, it looks rather complete already. (And from using it, as
> well.) I've seen that some blanks have been filled in recently. It would be
> good to know where the artists see showstoppers currently. (Not only in
> icons, of course.) Marking the items that you consider showstopper is
> definitely helpful.

From the icon naming (not artistic or completeness) point of view, the one
issue that I would consider a showstopper still (besides many suboptimal
names that I'd like to see renamed but are not critical) is the "edit" icon
(in the actions category) which absolutely needs to be renamed
to "object-edit" so that unrelated icons like edit-undo or edit-find don't
fall back to "edit" when other icon themes are used.

If someone with a full KDE checkout could provide me with a grep
for "\"edit\"" (which is impossible to do in lxr as it ignores the quotes),
I could work on replacing those occurrences. Hopefully there are not too many
non-icon "edit" strings in there.