KConfig -> deleteGroup deletes keys only

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Nov 27 07:53:30 GMT 2007

hi all..

another issue with KConfig's nested groups just popped up today on me:
deleteGroup only seems to clear the key/value pairs in the group, but none of
the sub-groups. so if you have:

[Foo]
Bar=1

[Foo][Subgroup]
Something=Else

and call deleteGroup() on a KConfigGroup representing Foo, you will end up
with this in the config file:

[Foo][Subgroup]
Something=Else

which then causes [Foo] to appear as a group in, for instance, groupList().
unexpected given we just called deleteGroup().

is there a reason why deleteGroup() doesn't delete all subgroups as well?
should it? (before i spend time coming up with a patch ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se