Moving Svgpart to kdegraphics

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Nov 26 10:33:09 GMT 2007

On Sunday 25. November 2007 22:39:49 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Come on, you know what he means: khtml IS right now the official KDE html
> engine, and nothing else has been decided.

ehm... Yes, I agree...

> By saying that people shouldn't
> work on an SVG viewer you imply that this is not necessary because Qt 4.4
> will have an SVG viewer, namely the one from webkit.

That's what I was saying indeed. I can't see anything wrong with that.

> So if KDE will use the
> SVG viewer from webkit, it will probably also use the webkit html engine.

Whoa! Don't put words in my mouth, please!

> Obviously Maksim isn't too happy about this way of informing him that khtml
> will be dead once KDE requires Qt 4.4.

I never intended to say such a thing, and I'm pretty sure I didn't actually do
so.
This topic really doesn't belong on k-c-d and I have no intention of
discussing this topic at all here.  My opinion on the matter doesn't really
matter much anyway :)

Anyway, I apologize to this thread for stepping on toes and being the
unintentional cause for such a sub-thread.
--
Thomas Zander