Smooth previews for open/save dialogs

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Sun Nov 25 17:49:23 GMT 2007

On Friday 23 November 2007 20:20:27 Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> > If you guys think I should do the commit, just let me know. In other case
> > this is going for 4.1.
>
> I'm for it in 4.0 anyway. =)
> We have already too many promised/shown features which won't make it to KDE
> 4.0 (kuiserver, itemsjoining...).

That's quite bogus actually, as those are only very small things (yet quite
visible to the user). In fact, we landed pretty much all the planned and
hyped stuff in 4.0.

That said, rationally, I'd say this feature has to wait until 4.1 -- we're way
past feature freeze and this creeping in features needs to stop at some
point - no matter how neat something new is. And of course it's in no way
critical to a working desktop.
--
sebas