kde vs. locales

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sat Nov 24 21:55:21 GMT 2007

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 09:12:56PM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Samstag 24 November 2007 schrieb Oswald Buddenhagen:
> > one tiny problem: environment variables are inherited at program
> > startup. that means that changing the language requires logging out.
> >
> I wanted to let kcontrol edit ~/.i18n and let that be sourced by
> startkde

just to take the inheritance problem even further? :=)
unfortunate choice or quote, i'd say. ;)

no, seriously, i sort of like that idea. it takes the logic of setup and
overriding to a simple shell script.

about the above problem, do you think we should simply ignore it and
drop support for "hot switching"? gnome seems to do without, anyway.
and the fine granularity (e.g., number formats, etc.). drop too?