KDatePicker improvements

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Thu Nov 22 14:30:05 GMT 2007

On Thursday, 22. November 2007, Hans Meine wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 22. November 2007 15:05:33 schrieb Jakob Petsovits:
> > > (Maybe it should even be more like the year, where you would just
> > > enter a number?  Or even add spinbox controls to that lineedit, also
> > > for year then?)
> >
> > That was actually my first attempt - I had a much easier patch working
> > which had the year widget as a spinbox, but the conclusion was that it's
> > not ideal because horizontal month navigation (left/right) doesn't make a
> > good fit for vertical year navigation (up/down).
>
> Even though the latter appears only after a mouse click?

Er, no, it was a permanent widget, replacing the tool button.
Toggling between tool button and spinbox poses sizing issues
(how to not extend or shrink sizes when widgets are switched)
and, I think, is also highly unexpected for the user.

> Then the direct consequence would be to introduce horizontal spinbox
> controls.

That's essentially a label with two arrows at each side,
i.e. the "<- month -> <- year ->" thingie.