KDatePicker improvements

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Nov 22 12:46:57 GMT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 22. November 2007 12:35:50 schrieb Jakob Petsovits:
> On Thursday, 22. November 2007, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > On Thursday 22 November 2007 11:37:53 Hans Meine wrote:
> > > You gave good reasons for your changes, but... the old one looks better
> > > IMHO. :-)  Did you try putting "<- November -> <- 2007 ->" into the
> > > first line?  It makes for a very nice caption, and before your changes,
> > > the UI was more subtle, better presenting the data IMO.
> >
> > But the proportions still wouldn't fit somehow. So far the old solution
> > still looks best. Could you just ask the artists and usability people
> > instead concerning such changes? Thanks.
>
> I figured it would be going down this route. Have I mentioned that this was
> the first thing I did, and I'm coming straight from there?

Yes, you mentioned that.

Another possibility just came to my mind: Remove the double/year arrows
altogether:  "<- November 2007 ->"
a) it is possible to change the year by pressing the arrows 12 times. ;-)
b) it is possible to change the year by clicking on it
c) one could possibly attach these nifty drop-down menus to the arrows
(similar to the back/forward arrows for browsing), allowing to change the
year or even the decade/whatever.

Feel free to discuss this on kde-usability or whereever else, but I won't
subscribe to yet another list ATM (sorry, Torsten).  (Also, I wonder if any
artists are subscribed to that list, and if they approved the new KDP?)

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS