gcc -Woverloaded-virtual

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Wed Nov 21 15:08:38 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 21 November 2007, David Faure wrote:
> What we're missing is a way to say "yes I wanted to hide this method from
> the base class"...

Hiding a method from a base class is not possible anyway as you can still cast
down and then call the method. It kind of works for value based classes since
those are normally not casted down, but for all pointer-based (i.e. QObject)
classes I believe you should not hide a method and get a warning if you do
(also for non-virtual functions).

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de