kwin default window button order.

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Wed Nov 21 14:33:18 GMT 2007

Am Mittwoch, 21. November 2007 15:06:45 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
>  No, nothing has happened yet, besides Aaron committing the patch without
> changing the defaults. Right now it's waiting on me to make up my mind,
> read what others have said (your "lots" is 4, BTW, if I'm counting right,
> with 2 people saying close on the right and 2 close on the left) and select
> the new layout if any (and hey, I had a weekend).
>
>  I'll try with Aaron's setup until the end of the week to see how I
> like/hate it and then will either use it or just add the spacers. Bug me
> next week again if I forget and there's no change.

FWIW, I have changed it too (I planned to post a reply *after* trying for 1-2
weeks), but I am not very enthusiastic about it yet.  Actually, I have not
yet accustomed to it, but I miss the "close" button on the right.

I am using "close <spacer> sticky ............. minimize maximize" now (with
the "glow" windeco, which has no window menu button), but I think I would not
recommend it so far.

I have never thought about the window buttons too much - I have added the
sticky button which I found to be very useful, but I cannot remember ever
having clicked on the wrong button or sth. like that.  OTOH, I am of course
not an "average desktop user" (who might have much less experience with the
mouse).

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS