Phonon, xine and short oggs

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Wed Nov 21 13:49:36 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 20 November 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to get a phonon with xine that plays sound? :)
> Using gutsy my mediaplayer example stays silent even while I have
> phononxine

See http://phonon.kde.org/cms/1032

It's probably using a wrong device. Latest svn should be a bit safer now as it
gives DEV=0 devices a slight preference over DEV>0 (those are the ALSA device
numbers - not card). Another, more serious problem that jstubbs has been
looking into is that for some hardware devices are listed with the exact same
name, resulting in only one of those being shown/used. The latter is
currently only fixable by adding an entry to the hardwaredatabase (as
documented on the website).

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de