TT vs. the community (Re: Using StyleSheets is bad WAS Re: Konqueror lineedit Bug)

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Nov 20 22:39:07 GMT 2007

oh, cool - tt-bashing. let's join the party! :=)

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 01:30:32PM -0700, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> you may have noticed i also take this same sort of "fix it in the
> right place" position in many other areas,

i'm the first to agree with this attitude. buuut ... for it to work, the
"right place" has to be open. timing, decision-making, active
contributions - *nothing* of which we mere mortals have any impact on.
and you can say what you want - tt is by far worse than any other entity
we depend upon.

> > Girish is probably *very* responsive to you, probably you even have his
> > phone number and can phone him directly,
>
> no, i use his publicly available email address like any other mortal.

oh, yeah. so can we please have access to the tt code repo, the
corresponding tt-accounts file and an open subscription to qt-commits?
no? oh, well ...

> hm. see, i don't have that experience. this is *why* Trolltech put
> forward individuals as KDE liaisons, to get these issues triaged
> properly. *use them*, don't complain.

those few dudes won't change the fundamental problem.

> Trolltech is trying to be more open and accessible; i (along with
> others) am trying to poke them along even further; i'm also trying to
> encourage the necessary responding behaviour from this community.

yes, there was some substatial improvement. they are now at 10% openess
instead of 3%. woo-hoo.