Phonon, xine and short oggs

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Nov 20 14:27:06 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 20 November 2007 07:59:33 Josef Spillner wrote:
> Am Dienstag 20 November 2007 13:40:15 schrieb Matthias Kretz:
> > So what should we do about all the short sounds?
>
> In KTuberling, the sounds were already converted back to wav about a month
> ago.

What program did you use to convert them? They seem cutoff.
For example, you don't here the "s" at the end of nose.wav very well.
They play fine in mplayer, but not with aplay.

> Given that short wav files are not taking that much disk space, this
> seems like a good compromise.

But wav files are about 10x larger than their ogg equivalents.
Not really trivial.  If we do the conversion using oggdec and only
where necessary then I agree with this solution.

-Allen