Phonon, xine and short oggs

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Tue Nov 20 12:40:15 GMT 2007

Hi,

as many of you have probably noticed already, short ogg files are not played
correctly through phonon-xine. I have started to fix the problem in xinelib,
but we probably won't have a fixed xine ready with the 4.0 release (I fixed
most of it but there's still a race condition in xinelib that I can't nail).

So what should we do about all the short sounds? Distribute them as .wav
files? .mp3 is probably out of the question... Or should we append some
silence to the end for the ogg files? This would break for apps where the
length of the sound is important, though.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de