KConfig::addConfigSources is broken

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 19 06:10:03 GMT 2007

On Sunday 18 November 2007, Thomas Braxton wrote:
> On 11/18/07, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > yes :)
> >
> > how exactly does it determine the read order?
>
> any files set with addConfigSources are treated as "defaults"
> therefore they are read before the file name passed to the
> constructor.

huh. well, suffice it to say that this is unexpected behaviour as it doesn't
match the rest of the kconfig's read/write symmetry pattern. i suppose that's
why the earlier implementation did it the other way around. *shrug*

if it were up to me i'd suggest that preserving that pattern is more important
than a new concept of "most specific" where writing is no longer tied to read
order.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se