KConfig::addConfigSources is broken

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 19 05:14:07 GMT 2007

On Sunday 18 November 2007, Thomas Braxton wrote:
> I tested this, and the symmetry is still there. Try my previous
> suggestion and if it still doesn't work, then we have a bug, which
> I'll gladly fix. I don't see how opening one file, then expecting
> writes to go to a different file is symmetrical, or sensible. But, if
> that's the way you want it I can easily change it.

so are you saying that with these files:

projectTempFile:
[Project]
Name=Foo
VcsPlugin=Bar

developerTempFile:
[Project]
VcsPlugin=Foobar

this:

d->m_cfg = KSharedConfig::openConfig( d->developerTempFile );
d->m_cfg = addConfigSources( QStringList() << d->projectTempFile );

will get you this on reads:

VcsPlugin => Foobar (NOT Bar)
Name => Foo

and when Name is set to Bar it will write that value out to
d->developerTempFile?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se