Konqueror lineedit Bug

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Nov 18 23:11:52 GMT 2007

... also known as "Bug with comboboxes with lineedits inside a toolbar"

Hi,
   Qt combo boxes don't take into account their lineedit font when calculating
their size hint, so if you set your toolbar font size to be 8 and your
General font size to be 20, you will see that the Konqueror location line is
small but the fonts in it are HUGE, that is, it does not work, because it
uses 8 for calculating combobox height, because it's on the toolbar, but then
contents are drawn using 20 because it's the lineedit doing the actual
drawing.

I'm not sure this is a Qt bug, as maybe it's a "requirement" that both the
lineedit and the combobox have the same font, as it really does not make
sense to me having different sizes there.

So i am asking myself if for lineedits that are in a qcombobox inside a
toolbar we should use the toolbar font size instead of the general font size,
that is, it's our bug or a Qt one?

Comments? Suggestions?

Albert