Okular printing (WAS: Re: libkdeprint)

John Layt johnlayt at yahoo.com.au
Sun Nov 18 17:06:07 GMT 2007

On Sunday 18 November 2007, John Layt wrote:
> Printing a Landscape PDF document and selecting Landscape in the Print
> Dialog results in a correctly rotated page but cut-off at Portrait length.
> Instead, selecting Portrait in the Print Dialog produces perfect results.
>
> I also get the same problem in QPainter/QPrinter based backends (e.g. jpegs
> and comicbook) with landscape images, and I'm getting it printing anything
> from the Qt4 Assistant in landscape.  Printing from KDE3 or QT3 Assistant
> is fine. I'm using openSuse 10.3, Qt 4.3.2.
>
> The Qt bug tracker has some old fixed bugs for what sounds like this
> problem, so I wonder if they've accidently regressed?
>
> Can anyone else replicate this?  Simply fire up Qt4 Assistant and in the
> print dialog choose Landscape and then print and tell me if it comes out
> OK?  Or apply the attached patch and try a landscape format document/image.

A bit more on this Landscape problem.

What works fine on my box:
* Printing landscape to printer from KDE3, e.g. kate, kpdf
* Printing landscape to printer from Qt3, e.g. Qt3 Assistant
* Printing landscape to PDF from Qt4, e.g. Qt4 Assistant
* Printing landscape to PDF from KDE4, e.g. kate, okular

What doesn't work on my box:
* Printing landscape to printer from Qt4, e.g. Qt4 Assistant
* Printing landscape to printer from KDE4, e.g. kate, okular

This suggests to me an issue with the interaction between Qt4 and Cups and my
printer / driver.  So I'll ignore it unless I hear others see this problem
too.

John.