"undo closed tab" feature for konqueror

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Nov 18 14:42:09 GMT 2007

Can I request an exception to the feature and message freeze?
Eduardo Robles Elvira has been working on the long-awaited "undo closed tab"
feature for konqueror, and reworking it a number of times based on my feedback.
Now it's finally ready, but we're past the freeze unfortunately.

You can see the patch with
svn co https://forja.rediris.es/svn/csl-konqueror/
(I'll reindent, clean up debugs, and add missing const refs before committing, no need to comment on details :)
The #define DEBUG_VIEWMGR 1 and the old comment in the KonqUndoManager constructor will be removed too.

BTW Eduardo: one last fix before this can be committed:
+  m_paClosedTabs = new KToolBarPopupAction( KIcon("closedtabs"),  i18n( "closedtabs" ), this );
This string in the i18n call doesn't make sense, should be i18n("Closed tabs") rather.

Saw that while reviewing the new strings: there are four in total.
Ah, and i18n("no name") wasn't there before it seems. I still need to review
KonqMainWindow::slotAddClosedUrl to find ways to simplify it so maybe this one won't stay.

Anyway minor details. The point of this mail is mainly to ask for permission to commit the
feature now, given that we started to work on it long ago already.