gcc -Woverloaded-virtual

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Nov 16 16:28:56 GMT 2007

On Friday 16 of November 2007, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 16 November 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > Vir and I think we should add the gcc option -Woverloaded-virtual to the
> > CXXFLAGS. Can we do this?
>
> Sounds reasonable and the patch looks good.
> So from my side no objections, but I don't have experience with this
> flag...

 It unfortunately triggers a number of warnings from various places, including
Qt. Still, since it helps to detect rather stupid errors, I'd support the
flag.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz