kwin default window button order.

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Nov 16 00:27:43 GMT 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Thursday 15 November 2007 22:37:57 Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> > 1. For maximizing/restoring I used to using double-click on window
> > title, so it doesn't really matter for me where the maximize button is
> > (Lubos->make_this_default++ ;))
>
> If we decide to make this the default, then the maximize button should be
> second left, the minimize button should be left corner.

well, the point of being in the corner is to make it easy to reach when
maximized (which is when well behaving window decorations push the buttons to
the edge of the screen). so the question becomes: which is the most commonly
used button when maximized? the choices are: restore/un-maximize, minimize,
sticky, help or menu.

i understand that "double click the title bar" could also be unmaximize, but
it is neither discoverable nor easy to accomplish. that's why we have buttons
in the first place: single click interfaces =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se