Adding simple API / freeze in effect?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Nov 14 21:28:18 GMT 2007

Hi,

just a quick question, as I've not been following KDE core development, but
just ran into a small issue while porting RKWard to KDE4: Is it ok to add
some simple API in kdelibs? Or is there a freeze in effect? Any chance left
for the addition before the 4.0 release?

The addition I have in mind is this:

KUrl::List KRecentFilesAction::urls () const {
	KUrl::List ret;

	for (QMap<QAction*, KUrl>::ConstIterator it = d->m_urls.constBegin(); it !=
d->m_urls.constEnd(); ++it)
		ret.append (it.value());
	}

	return ret;
}

Rationale: In KDE4, the text of KRecentFilesAction items contains a "pretty"
name, which makes it hard to get at the actual URLs. This may be useful, if
the urls in a KRecentFilesAction should be presented in a different way or
combination, in my case in a startup-dialog.

Regards
Thomas