Question about settings:/

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Nov 13 18:11:41 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 13 November 2007, Nicolas Lécureuil wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2007 11:44 PM, Gary L. Greene Jr. <greeneg at tolharadys.net> wrote:
> > On Sunday 11 November 2007 02:36:24 pm Nicolas Lécureuil wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > on mandriva we use custom menus and now settings:/ is empty. After
> > > some discutions it appears that this is our menus that are broken ( on
> > > the way settings work ) as using kde menus fix the issue.
> > > I would like to know what settings:/ search to work.
> > >

> > > thanks in advance
> > > Nicolas

> > Not only is the settings:/ kio slave broken with the menu changes, but
> > the Settings submenu of the kmenu is broken with these changes.
>
> Yes, but i this is the same problem.

Maybe you can try your custom menu on a different distribution.
Mandriva has, at least it had last year, a totally broken setup regarding the
application launcher menu, i.e. basically breaking the underlying
specification.

When testing menu related xdg-util scripts most if not all tests failed and we
(Waldo Bastian IIRC) had to add quite some Mandriva specific workarounds.

I recommend contacting them and let their engineers have a look at your custom
menus, since they know what they changed where and should therefore know what
you need to change to make it compatible.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring