KAction/KActionCollection proposed changes

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Fri Nov 9 18:56:59 GMT 2007

Hi Hamish,

On Sunday, 28. October 2007 00:34, Hamish Rodda wrote:
[...]
> In line with the recent discussions on KActionCollection, I present the
> attached patch for review.  It is BIC, and does the following:
>
> 1) Remove setAssociatedWidget, addAssociatedWidget, clearAssociatedWidgets,
> and associatedWidgets.
[...]
> 2) Replace the above with associateWidget
[...]
> 3) Change KActionCollection to return a KAction* rather than a QAction* for
[...]
> 4) Override setShortcuts() in KAction as well (same reason as above)
>

> If there is consensus I'd like to commit on Monday.
[...]

Thanks for the cleanup! But it seems a minor regression happened due to the
changes: The shortcuts in the file-dialog don't work anymore. I had a look on
your changes done in kdelibs/kfile/kdiroperator.cpp and I checked
kdelibs/kfile/kfilewidget.cpp where the shortcuts are set. I'm sure it is
only minor issue and it would be great if you could have a short look on this
(or maybe give me a hint about possible root causes so that I can do some
further checks).

Thanks in advance,
Peter