[patch] Grab windows anywhere, not just titlebar

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Fri Nov 9 14:50:23 GMT 2007

Gary L. Greene Jr. wrote:
> On Thursday 08 November 2007 12:53:49 pm Jeff Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Lubos Lunak wrote:
>>
>>> Macs are quite rare in these parts. But I've heard they're known for
>>> having a very consistent interface.
>>>
>> Apple wrote a very strict HIG for the Mac, which it now continually
>> breaks.  (No, I don't know the details, I just know I've read about how
>> iTunes, iPhoto, and most of the other multimedia apps all break their
>> own HIG.)
>>
>> There's also apps which are brushed metal and apps which aren't.
>> Pinstripes are used some places and not other places.  Etc, etc.  And
>> that's just in the Apple-provided apps.  Not to mention plenty of apps
>> which still look like they're straight offa OS 9.
>>
>> So no, the interface isn't terribly consistent.
>>
>> --Jeff
>>

> This was rectified on Leopard. Much of the UI that was inconsistent in Panther
> and Tiger have been redone to meet all of the HIG requirements.

AFAIK, what actually changed is they updated their HIG requirements so
that all the multimedia apps that wouldn't fit before, well, now fit,
because now everything else looks like them.  So now everything looks
the same, and the HIG accepts it all.

I expect that this moment of peace will last until they decide it's time
for an iTunes revamp.

--Jeff