KNotifications and the system tray

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Mon Nov 5 15:54:57 GMT 2007

On Monday 05 November 2007 15:45:42 Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Now, I may understand you want the queue of the speech balloon touch the
> application's tray icon.
> In order to do that, knotify need to know the position of the systray of
> the application.
> Would KWin help in that case ?

Good guess.  I mostly want the passive popups to appear next to the systray
icon if the contact list (main window) is not visible.  It would be nice to
put the speech balloons here as well.  IIUC Kopete's speech balloon is drawn
by Kopete, whereas KNotification widgets are drawn by knotify4.  So the
balloons can be drawn using Pino's geometry() suggestion, but knotify4 does
not know where the non-widget system tray is.  What do you suggest?

Will
--
Will Stephenson
IRC: Bille