WITH_PREFIX for kdemodules?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Nov 5 15:31:29 GMT 2007

On Monday 05 November 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em Monday 05 November 2007 16:08:48 David Faure escreveu:
> > We used to do that everywhere (e.g. in all of koffice), but we had to
> > change it because it broke things on Mac OS X. So I am quite surprised to
> > read from Thiago that with kde4 and cmake linking to a plugin would
> > actually be possible; this would certainly simplify things if it's really
> > true...
>
> I didn't say you can link to a plugin everywhere. I said you can dlopen a
> library everywhere.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. This leads to the same result though:
we could make everything libraries and also make them provide a plugin entry point
where needed (like koffice parts). OK this is a bit dirty in general though, especially
with the new K_EXPORT_PLUGIN stuff, since we can only provide one plugin entry point
per "library". So maybe we should keep doing it the clean way instead :-)

> I'm with you though: I was surprised by my own discovery. I do remember MacOS
> X being the black sheep -- remember brockenboring? What apparently happened
> is that Apple made MacOS X better after MacOS X 10.3 and 10.4. (dlopen was
> added in 10.3 and was made the default in 10.4) I cannot confirm.
Ah yeah that might be. But this means we can't change it, unless we require 10.4.
My Mac is 10.3.9 since the upgrade to 10.4 has to be paid for and I never got around it.