helper class to use ARGB visual

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri Nov 2 14:29:40 GMT 2007

Hi,

attached you find a class as KApplication replacement that will make the app
use an ARGB visual if available.

I'm not sure whether we'd want to ship this with kdelibs (at basically no cost
as it's 100% inline) or put this on techbase for people to copy when they
need it.

It needs a word of warning: QWidget::scroll will break with an ARGB visual
unless you export QT_NO_FAST_SCROLL=1 (at least with my setup). I'm using
this for the volume change popup that I blogged about which works fine.

Comments where to put this?

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de