Status of konqueror / dolphin as file manager

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Nov 2 10:01:37 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 31 October 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 October 2007, Leo Savernik wrote:

> > > non-average users can use the "edit toolbars" option. we're talking
> > > defaults here, not possibilities.
> >
> > Toolbars cannot be customised in KDE, how often do I have to repeat that?
> > In fact, *every* user customised change is *lost* on each rc version
> > upgrade which at the maximum happens between each minor version upgrade,
> > more than enough between patchlevel releases, too.
>
> i've had my konqueror toolbars just the way i want them for years.
>
> as Thomas noted, perhaps you're using an app that changes constantly (shoot
> the maintainers ;) and at some point we really ought to find a way to merge
> these things better (i wish LiveUI had become a reality =/ )

AFAIK LiveUI had no configurable toolbars at all, it was "in the TODO list, to be done somehow".

The problems described here can be fixed with xmlgui, all we need is indeed to keep
track of removal/additions, as has been said before. Saying it over and over again
won't fix the bug though, someone has to put their hands into the code for that.