Status of konqueror / dolphin as file manager

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Nov 1 23:35:01 GMT 2007

On Donnerstag 01 November 2007, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Thursday 01 November 2007 11:12:37 Hans Meine wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2007 23:03:38 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> > > i've had my konqueror toolbars just the way i want them for years.
> >
> > /me too.  But not without reconfiguring after each upgrade.  (Did you?)
>
> Well set up a profile and put them it there then. Anyone who contributes to
> this list should be able to do that fairly easily.

I see that profiles are necessary for providing intuitive defaults for
Konquerors started by the user for different purposes, but I don't think that
profiles will ever be a feature that is regularly used by *users*.
I don't see the point of defining profiles; and BTW I don't use any
icon/shortcut for starting konqui, but only use Alt-F2 with the target URI I
want to open, so I could not benefit from setting up non-standard profiles.

Alex' high-rc-version trick is interesting indeed, but again this is only a
workaround for the real problem.  It's interesting to see how many ways
people found to cope with the problem for themselves without fixing

Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.
    /  / ANS                                                  ooo

*: Should I add that "anyone who contributes to this list should be able to do
that"? ;-P