Whats up with KJob's signals?

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue May 29 21:57:05 BST 2007

Le mardi 29 mai 2007, Andreas Pakulat a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> looking at KJob API dox one get the impression that there's no way of
> getting notified when a KJob is finished. However this is possible,
> because KJob does declare a finished() and result() signal. The example
> usage even encourages to use result() (finished() is marked internal).
> However the public kjob.h header puts a private: declaration around
> result() and a few other signals that are not marked internal.
>
> So I'd like to know: whats up with that? Are the signals just in the
> wrong place?

Nope, that's just a trick to avoid KJob subclasses to be able to do "emit
result()" directly. But that's perfectly fine otherwise, you can connect to
them with no problem.

I notice that this trick make them disappear from the apidox... I wonder if
that's fixable somehow.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."