What to do about KColor?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon May 28 20:34:01 BST 2007

On Monday 28 May 2007 20:40:58 Alex Merry wrote:
> I agree with this - the function name is very confusing, because it
> _doesn't_ blend two colours.  It overlays the second on the first.

That entirely depends on your definition of what a color is.
Beginning in Qt4, and in other toolkits quite a bit longer, the definition
of a color is *including* the alpha channel.  And with that in mind, the
blend method indeed does exactly what it says.

So, you are trying to put your Qt3 experience to use while the concept has
changed.  And for a method that is suppost to be usable for the entire
lifetime of the KDE4 line that just doesn't help.

As I (and Aaron) stated elsewhere;  lets see where actual apps end up
using this and avoid this 'design by committee' re-painting of the
bikeshed.

EOT, please.
--
Thomas Zander