What to do about KColor?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon May 28 18:16:25 BST 2007

On 28.05.07 18:24:15, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On May 28, 2007, at 4:37 PM, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> >I will
> >rarely if ever change the alpha channel of a color and in fact I mostly
> >want to ignore that the alpha channel does exist. I don't want to have
> >to think about it.
>
> Then don't, in a sane implementation the default alpha value should be set to
> 'opaque'.

Fine, but then I don't understand how blendColor can actually work if I
don't set an Alpha value for the 2nd color. All it does as far as I can
see is painting two opaque rectangles using the 2 colors on top of each
other. The default composition mode is SourceOver so as result I get the
2nd color back instead of a mix of both colors.

I as a non-graphics guy can't find a composition mode that sounds as if
it would do the blending with 2 opaque colors, but that may just be a
documentation problem as I don't really understand all of the modes and
what results they give.

Andreas

--
Fine day to work off excess energy.  Steal something heavy.