QProcess vs K3Process

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon May 28 15:19:43 BST 2007

On 28.05.07 14:26:41, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 03:34:32AM +0200, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > I'd like to know wether its better to port KDevelop4 to QProcess usage
> > now or stick with K3Process until KProcess (as a QProcess subclass) is
> > available.
> >
> dunno. i could commit a basic KProcess today.

What I was thinking of is, if KProcess goes into existence sometime with
at least the features of K3Process that are commonly used (that is
env-setting and the way of starting processes and adding the commands)
we could avoid the 2 portings (now to QProcess and then to KProcess).
OTOH Matt wants a port to QProcess rather sooner than later, so I guess
I'll do the port. Also that will enable us to properly parse QProcess
output wrt. lineendings.

> this is a list of missing [KQ]Process features and differences between
> qproc and k3proc. please comment on the desirability of the particular
> points.

> - qproc does not allow setting individual env vars, only the entire
>   environment. pretty inconvenient, if you ask me. can be easily
>   implemented in kproc.

Yes, thats something I'd like to have again. Would this then also
replace variable values, i.e. if I have FOO=/somehwere in the
environments and later on PATH=$FOO/bin:... would the process see this
properly expanded?

Andreas

--
A visit to a fresh place will bring strange work.