Qt / KDE and Skim / Xim

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun May 27 20:11:29 BST 2007

Hiya,

in KOffice I need to port/implement the input method code to allow people
to input Chinese or even to input normal composited characters.

In my kubuntu kde3 I have a context menu in kmail and in Qts text fields
to select the input method.  "Select Input Method" with submenu items
like "XIM" and "scim".

Using this menu is essential to start typing in Chinese, for example.

I'm wondering how to do that in KDE in general and in Qt4 when I inherit
from QWidget in particular.
I've been googling for some hours and reading sources as well. No luck so
far.

Any links to docs or source are appreciated!
--
Thomas Zander