KColor is coming this Monday...

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 27 00:25:27 BST 2007

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 25 May 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Michael Pyne wrote:
>>> if we
>>> put in KColor, who's going to add HSL support to kcolorchooser? ;)
>> I'd be happy to work on it, if we can hash out the inherent usability
>> problems (namely, that's getting to be a lot of controls). One solution
>> is to have a group of radio buttons or a dropdown to pick what color
>> space you want to use. But in that case, I say, "well it's high time
>> KColorChooser supported both" :-).
> [snip]
> and honestly, i don't think this complexity is needed by the vast majority of
> colour using applications, and therefore in kdelibs. think of the person
> picking colours for use in kmail or katepart ... do they really need this
> feature or would it be just one more piece of widgetry in there?

Honestly? I'd actually prefer HSL only instead of HSV :-)... but I just
realized another reason; Windows uses HSL. This could therefore improve
Windows integration. What would you think about making at configurable
system-wide in a kcm? We could make the default dependent on the
platform (i.e. HSV on Linux, HSL on Windows).

--
Mathew
(sorry, .sig file is on the other computer)