KColor is coming this Monday...

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sat May 26 00:22:10 BST 2007

Zack Rusin wrote:
> Underneath I'm posting a url with a jpg so that everyone can compare QColor's
> HSV and KColor HSL color spectrum. The image shows four bands - red, green,
> blue and white.
> Now notice that while white produces virtually identical results for both,
> the results for dark colors (especially nicely visible in the red and blue
> spectrums) for one of the *Color classes appear virtually gray not deep-dark
> of the given color. Can you guess which one is which? Please look at this
> image now:
> http://ktown.kde.org/~zrusin/color.jpg

Ok, I looked at your code, and it turns out KColor is doing exactly what
you *asked* it to do, namely tinker with the saturation... so that's
what it did. Using the default value for the third parameter I can't
tell the difference :P.

> Now since I know there would be at least one person who would complain about
> the speed of such an implementation, to the color example that I mentioned
> above I added a benchmark for it. [snip]

Not that I disagree with your comments, but it was sure nice of you to
test KColor::blend while you were at it...

10000 fprintf's took =  2022
10000 blendColor's took =  671
10000 KColor::blend's took =  12

--