KColor is coming this Monday...

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Fri May 25 23:00:42 BST 2007

On Friday 25 May 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> so you get a blend method and a way forward towards making it all that you
> can dream. it just doesn't come with a class called KColor in 4.0.
>
> is that a fair compromise that meets the expectations of people?

I think it would work fine.  As I recall the original point to adding KColor
was for a blend() function and we still get that.  And we can get blending
using both HSL and HSV.  Zack's screenshot is pretty convincing so I would
like the ability to blend using plain QColor even with the extra colorspace
available to us.  And I'm surprised that no one this far into the thread
noticed that the link Zack gave for his source code was completely wrong,
it's actually at http://ktown.kde.org/~zrusin/color.tar.bz2

But for just blending I don't see any reason to introduce a whole new class
since the end product will have to be a QColor.  There's a reason to have a
color class that can represent an alternate colorspace but it sounds like we
already have that in KoColor, so unless more applications than Krita need it
I'm not sure that it should be in kdelibs yet.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne