Universal escaping in KConfigINI: Summary and patch

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Fri May 25 08:02:26 BST 2007

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 01:51:10AM +0200, Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> Of course "TODO: warning" is not final :)

:)

> I like the control flow in in stringToPrintable exactly the way it is,

yes, my idea wouldn't work anyway (reading patches is hard, you know :).
buuut ... having the default last is *still* the right thing to do. ;)

> we cannot discuss minor stuff forever

oh, c'mon ... are you in a hurry? :-D

your patches are made with -b, right?

> +        escape:

i unindent goto labels only half an indent step. maybe you find it more
appealing, too. ;)

> +            *r++ = nibbleLookup[((unsigned char)s[i]) >> 4];
> +            *r = nibbleLookup[((unsigned char)s[i]) & 0x0f];

you overdid the casting, but readability-wise it is better your way.
it might get even better if you line up the equal sign and change to 15
again. :)