Usages of ::writeConfig() static method

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 23 22:42:29 BST 2007

On 23.05.07 23:23:49, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > this is a kind request for somebody with a full kde4 checkout, to please
> > run something like
> >
> > grep "::writeConfig()"
> >
> > on the sources. The reason is that the static writeConfig() method that
> > is generated by kconfig_compiler keeps us from making the
> > KConfigSkeleton::writeConfig() virtual. (Which is needed at least for
> > kdevelop to override the behaviour of writeConfig, see kde-commits list
> > for more details).
>
> http://web.davidfaure.fr/kde/writeconfig.log.txt
>
> (might not all be related to KConfigSkeleton though)

Thanks (also to Matt).

>From a glance none of these seems to really need the writeConfig(), so
all of them should be possible to convert to Foo::self()->writeConfig()
instead and then writeConfig (and the other 3 functions in
KConfigSkeleton) can be made virtual. I'll provide a patch by tomorrow,
to be applied on monday, for review. Thanks for the help.

Uhm, do I need to convert playground as well?

Andreas

--
Tuesday is the Wednesday of the rest of your life.