KDE Cryptography Module

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Wed May 23 19:50:35 BST 2007

On 5/23/07, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> >OK... This is good enough... But I don't see any change in KDE 5,
> >since the issues will be the same... and the political affiliation
> >with Trolltech remains. So actually until Trolltech will supply a
> >decent cryptographic solution your users will not be able to use
> >hardware cryptography.
>
> You're not making friends with that assumption.

True.
But it ends with this... We might or might not have smartcard support
in the future of KDE.
Because nobody puts a clear roadmap for this, the same discussion will
likely repeat itself.

I am working hard with many project in order to make this happen. I
had done anything I could in order to figure out what you need in
order to implement this.

So give me a call when you decide that cryptography is important for
your users... In the mean time you are losing them they are not
waiting for you... And that is unfortunately,  especially since you
have a working solution that do sync with current release schedule as
original planned.

Alon.