KDE and smartcard support

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed May 23 00:19:01 BST 2007

Look, if this whole thing is not about smartcards but instead a
backhanded way to get us to give a blind blessing to throwing away
the code that's there and using QCA, you're just wasting all our
time.  This is now the 12th email I've written in the past 24 hours
on the topic, and I intend it to be my last.  Follow the KDE approach
and the answer will be clear:

1) Use Qt where possible
2) Keep KDELibs to a minimum
3) Define interfaces, then implement
4) don't force code onto people
5) Follow policies implemented in kdelibs and our guidelines

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/