KDE and smartcard support

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Tue May 22 23:28:45 BST 2007

On 5/23/07, George Staikos <staikos at kde.org> wrote:
> > Does it mean that there will be no use of QtSslSocket in this model?
>
>    No it does not.  Why are you so against having it there?  it
> shouldn't even be visible to you.  And it's not even there now...

But this is the whole problem!
I cannot add support to smartcard when you use QtSslSocket, since it
cannot perform negotiation using external (hardware based) keys.

So I am not confused after all.

Adding smartcard support into KDE requires all crypto components to be
able to process hardware cryptography. Implementing TLS/SSL with a
component that cannot, makes the whole integration impossible.

Alon.