KDE and smartcard support

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:32:37 BST 2007

On 5/22/07, George Staikos <staikos at kde.org> wrote:
> > If KDE offers TLS/SSL operations via a specific interface, such as
> > "KIO", the KIO should provide this service for software and hardware
> > based cryptography.
>
>    Via an interface that is implemented elsewhere.  Therefore all
> that is needed in KIO is an interface.  The library and
> implementation choice is irrelevant.

But how konqueror will know which interface to use when it initiate
TLS/SSL session?
And if I just write https://asdsadsad/sadsad in kplayer will it use
the smartcard enabled interface?

So actually you suggest two TLS/SSL implementation in KDE.

I just don't understand why can't we have one TLS/SSL interface that
can be used by all application and support all cryptographic mode.

Maybe I am missing something... I will be grateful if you refer me to
some documentation regarding these issues.

Alon.