What to do about dpointers

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sat May 19 10:46:23 BST 2007

On Friday 18 May 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I'd like to know what do you kdelibs people do wrt to classes that
> don't have private members (at the moment) and no dpointer? Do you add
> a dpointer and private class and just initialize the dpointer to 0?
> Whats the common practice for this?

hmm, if a class has no private members and it is a lib class, it has no
members at all, no? that means it is stateless which in turn means it
should contain only static functions which in turn means it should be a
namespace.
ok, maybe i'm overgeneralizing, but at least it should be checked
whether my logic applies. :)