Marble in kdereview

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Tue May 8 18:19:53 BST 2007

On Tuesday 08 May 2007, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just moved Marble Desktop Globe into kdereview svn. Please have
> a look if you have the time since I'd like to get this application
> into kdeedu before the end of the month. ;)

I _like_ it.  Very nice.

Just a couple of questions (apologies if you've already answered them -
the acronyms are confusing):
* are there plans to have (the ability to get) better resolution "fill"
at higher zooms?
* are there plans to have (the ability to get) more detailed info about
smaller towns/villages etc?

I also notice that there's no "short descriptions" given for (most?
any?) of the towns/cities.  And the tabs on the left have no labels -
it was a while before I noticed the button at the bottom, and I had no
idea what to expect when I clicked it.  But I guess these are both
simple issues that will be ironed out over the next few months.

I can imagine this would be a very cool way to select "where I am" when
setting up KDE, for things like timezone stuff.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org
Ubuntu/Kubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.org http://www.kubuntu.org