Konqueror Initialization Question

dfeustel at mindspring.com dfeustel at mindspring.com
Sun May 6 16:58:44 BST 2007

I'm running kde 3.5.4 on 64-bit OpenBSD 4.0 release.  I have noticed
that konqueror invokes anywhere from 1 to 8 kio_file processes as it
initializes.  The most frequent numbers of kios started by konqueror
are (most frequently) 4,8,1 (least frequently).  None of these kios
are for the default home page. Why is konqueror invoking all these
kio processes?

I have also noticed that kde makes an internet access at initialization
even before the desktop is initialized. How come?

Thanks,

Dave Feustel