Alpha2? (Was: KFilterDevice?)

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu May 3 12:34:51 BST 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007 2:13:30 am Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 May 2007, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> > Any chances for renaming KFilterDev to KFilterDevice in kdecore?
>
> we're past the freeze date aren't we[1]? there are numerous things that could
> yet be done to kdelibs, but we need to move on to other things at some point
> and get down to app devel. we have lived with such blemishes this long, so
> they evidently aren't fatal. ;) when kde5 happens (5-7 years?) we can get
> back to fixing these sorts of things again. until then, we'll survive =)
>
> [1]
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Roadmap#Milestone:_kdelibs_Soft_API_Freeze

I wanted to wait until after Alpha1 was released to bring this up...

We were discussing yesterday on irc about having a very limited
thawing of kdelibs (only the kutils stuff).  And then releasing
an Alpha2 sometime around 1 June.

However, since KFilterDev isn't part of kutils, and since it seems
like more of a cosmetic issue.. I agree with Aaron on this one.
Put it on the TODO list for now.

-Allen