Problem with qabstractitemdelegate.h

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Wed May 2 07:35:31 BST 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 07:02:19 Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I already sent this issue to qt-bugs at trolltech some weeks ago and they
> told me to fix it but without success.
> The ctors need to be private - otherwise I'll get linker errors in
> libkdegames. I don't think this will break BC because you can't link
> against those two functions (when you try you'll get a linker error).
> Another solution would be to implement dummy functions for them.
>
> Can someone add this patch to qt-copy?

Making the constructor that takes a QObjectPrivate private looks wrong to me,
it needs to be protected for the QItemDelegate subclass in Qt (did you try to
compile Qt after your change? it should break compilation).

But I'm not in favor of just blindly applying this patch. Can you tell us the
qt-bugs issue number you got for the problem? What special thing is
libkdegames doing that this problem shows up only now?

Simon