kde3support

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Tue May 1 19:32:35 BST 2007

On Tuesday 01 May 2007 17:49:46 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> My recommendation is that you simply remove the system's 4.2 to avoid
> these kinds of problems.

Ah, indeed.  I didn't assume that the new Kubuntu Feisty installed Qt4.2
by default. But apparently it already ships some software using it.

I removed the library since nothing very interresting depended on it.

I did get the suggestion from Jonathan that feisty actually ships the
qt-copy variant under the package name libqt4-core-kdecopy. Which might
be interresting for those that don't like to compile qt manually. Though
its still at beta1 and qt-copy is updated since.

Anyway, after removing the duplicate libs, things work again. Thanks.
--
Thomas Zander